3/14/19

Cricket Cover






 Last October I was commissioned by Cricket Magazine to design the cover for the Feb issue, the theme was the Frog and the Princess.
With their covers, the full spread reveals the "joke" in this case it was the frog tricked the princess for her magical kiss.
The contents page reveals the result.



Chosen sketch

I had to also provide a bio and a photo/image.
I wrote the bio for kids. Any time I have to write a bio I am stunted, I never know what to really write?   I draw, I like to draw. I like dogs and peanut butter.

I was glad to get the printed magazine this week.

© Heidi Younger
rejected sketch


bio page
Rio the mountain dog.







Rio can swiftly run up and down the 3 levels of stairs, she follows me everywhere.  Meanwhile 8 year old Lucy likes to stay in one spot and sleep. 
They do have their play sessions together and you wouldn't know that Lucy is 8. She can dog play like a puppy.
Rio and Lucy

No comments: